Friday, April 10, 2015

Rear window leaking.


 It wasn't a huge suprise that rear window leaked on the lower corners. El Camino
s are know that it has a weak spot on those corners. Luckily mine was just that sealer rubber had turned hard by ageing and not the rust eating all healthy metal around the corners. Minor surface rust of course which can be sanded of and sealed in with rust preventing paint.

It was really hard to cut that old sealer rubber. I don't know how many times that piano wire broke in half when we tried to "saw".


So, next move is to grind all that rubber and surface rust off and paint it and put the window back on. I could do it propeply now, but I know that in few years I'll have to address whole car with rust and I have planned stripping it don't and send it to sand blasting or likewise to get all the rust off. There aren't really a point to do it right now in a one spot and then stripping it down in few years. Right?



That's all folks for now. I'll be updating as soon as possible when I get grinding and sanding done.




No comments:

Post a Comment