Sunday, April 19, 2015

Fabrication.

Yesterday and today I have been cutting out that rusted metal around rear window corners and making a template out of thick paper. Paper is easier to mold around this corner where there is all kind of shapes and sharp turns and bends and what not.
It's a tricky place to mold and eventually weld but I am in no hurry and doing it slowly, spot by spot.
Luckily I had Dremel mini grinder so I could to those final clean ups and more freely to manuver attacking angle of the grinder.

These were my tools for making a template. It was quite easy to do once you got it figured out in your head first. I has been so long when I needed to this thing that I wasn't sure how well this is going to progress.
Those could have been better shaped and molded, but this isn't your trailer queen and show stopper, and after all you don't get to see those since window and trimming is covering almost whole corners completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment