Saturday, November 7, 2015

Trim tag decoding.

After 5 years I finally decoded the trim tag. It didn't take too long and too much effort to decode. I used chevellestuff.net to decode it, good information on there.

First I broke down what is what on the trim tag. Then I searched for paint code 63 63, which means a Desert sand for upper and lower part of the body, also know as a Saddle as sales name. I always thought it was an Autumn gold / Dark gold. But now I know. It's a Desert sand. After that I looked up TR 770 which is bench seat with an Antique Medium Saddle Coated fabric. Ok, I still have bench seat, but it's a black and blue. Which means it has been changed, so possibility for a build sheet inside bench seat is gone, if it ever was there.

What I didn't know was that in this trim tag is also time build date. It ain't exact date, but gives you month and week of that month. So, 10E translates to 10 = October and E = fifth week of the month. Sooooo, Kelly's birth date is at the same week as mine! Only a two years before!


No comments:

Post a Comment