Wednesday, December 13, 2023

Checking first things first

Now that winter has settled in, for the second time in a few weeks, it's about time I start to do something.

The first thing that I need to do  is check fuses, which ones are okay and which ones are blown. After that we can establish which parts should work. 


This was surprisingly neat, compared to the rest of the car. Sure, some rust on the other end of the fuses, but still. 


And then there is this, as we Finns like to call them: the American Joe's workings.


I have a multimeter that I could check that there are three blown fuses. Yeah,  you can also just take a look at the fuse, but as you can see from the first picture it isn't that easy, but with a multimeter and connection check, you can hear a buzzing if there is a connection between the ends of the glass fuses. 

Now, I don't remember where I have put my spare  fuses from my previous El Camino, but I can pick up some from of the work on the Monday.

And week and half a later I finally have picked up some fuses from the work. 

I guess I might as well put them on and see what happens?

No comments:

Post a Comment