Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Grille off.



Last time I was at the garage I did manage to take off the front bumper and now it was time to take off the grille. First I thought how to take of those fender extensions, I wasn't sure how much I need to disassemble. One is inside engine compartment and three screws are behind headlight bezels. So to reach those three you have to take those headlight bezels off and there you go. There is also two screws lower part of the extensions. I am not sure if you can remove those two screws and a plate when you have front bumper on.

Blue circle is available from inside engine compartment and for those red circles to gain access you have to take those headlight bezels off.




Pretty simple to take of those fender extensions and after both of them are off you can take off those six screws that hold the grille in place, two on each side and two in the middle. I guess I could also do a bit of modification to headlight surroundings since I do have H4 lamps on outer and it's pretty hard to reach now that everything is original, but a bit of cutting I could easily change lamps from inside engine compartment and not the way I am now used to, from the outside way.


I really should have written this right after I did this since I can't remember whole deal now and I missed few pictures, which I haven't re-shoot, since I haven't been in the garage for few weeks now. And I should've have planned more on how to and what to shoot before I pick up the screwdriver. 

Updated 01.02.16 Few corrections and added new picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment