Sunday, August 16, 2015

Almost burned.

We have been cruising around and occasionally gasoline has smelled and I didn't think of it much since it was occasionally and I put it on the warm weather and such. On Wednesday it smelled a lot. We were driving to friends house to pick up some goods and as my wife picked up those goods, I checked fast for fuel gap at rear. It was a locked right and tight, so smell didn't come from there. Then I opened the hood and straight away I saw a small stream of gasoline shooting out from the hose in the air. Right in front of carburator. I quickly shut the engine and as the pressure was releaving the stream stopped. Old hose had cracked just after the clamp. I didn't have the spear gasoline hose with me so I did a quick-fix and moved clamp over the crack and tightened it really good. That did it and we went to local car parts store and I bought new gasoline hose.


So lesson to be learned is to keep checking under the hood that everything is good and doesn't show wear and tear.

No comments:

Post a Comment